Georg Stockinger wins Young Scientist Award at the European Geothermal Congress
At the closing ceremony of the European Geothermal Congress, the Young Scientist Award of the German Geothermal Association was presented to Georg Stockinger. Georg Stockinger worked on the GAB subproject “Reservoir Characterization” during his PhD at the Chair of Engineering Geology at the Technical University of Munich. He completed his dissertation with the topic “Fracturing in Deep Boreholes – Stress-, Structural-, & Lithology-controlled Fracture Initiation and Propagation in Deep Geothermal Boreholes in the Upper Jurassic Carbonate Rocks of the North Alpine Foreland Basin” last year.
During his laudation, Head of Chair Prof. Dr. Kurosch Thuro recognized his collaborator for his outstanding contributions to fundamental research in deep geothermal energy and as a great personality. We congratulate both for this great award!
- Potential for the expansion of geothermal energy in Bavaria: Expert opinion on the Geothermal Energy Master Plan is published November 2, 2022
- Georg Stockinger wins Young Scientist Award at the European Geothermal Congress October 27, 2022
- European Geothermal Congress 2022 in Berlin October 27, 2022
- Christian-Hecht-Award 2022 October 7, 2022
- Newsletter August-September October 5, 2022
- Newsletter June-July August 5, 2022
- 12th Energy Colloquium of the Munich Institute for Integrated Materials, Energy and Process Engineering August 1, 2022
- Expert Discussion „The Importance of Geothermal Energy for Future Power and Heat Supply July 8, 2022
- Deep Geothermal for Bavaria – New Broschure from the GAB June 28, 2022
- Exchange of Experiences District Heating June 23, 2022