European Geothermal Congress 2022 in Berlin
From October 17th to 21st, 2022 the European Geothermal Congress took place in Berlin. The event was organized by the European Geothermal Energy Council with the German Geothermal Association. During the three congress days from Tuesday to Thursday, the latest results from research as well as best practice examples were presented to more than 1200 guests. The inspiring contributions and the newly established contacts can help to better exploit the geothermal potential in Europe and contribute to solving the energy crisis.
The lively GAB participation at the congress was particularly pleasing. 12 presentations or posters were presented by our colleagues. The fact that GAB’s research is appreciated became clear again in the closing session. At the end of the event, the Young Scientist Award was presented to Georg Stockinger. Georg Stockinger did his PhD thesis at the Chair of Engineering Geology of the Technical University of Munich within the GAB subproject “Reservoir Characterization” and completed it last year. We congratulate him and his supervisor Prof. Dr. Kurosch Thuro for the award!
- Christian Hecht Award for sub-project leader of the GAB October 23, 2023
- First Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS) Workshop held by GAB October 23, 2023
- Job offer at the Technical University of Munich October 9, 2023
- Newsletter August – September 2023 October 5, 2023
- Newsletter June – July 2023 August 1, 2023
- Newsletter April – May 2023 June 1, 2023
- Newsletter February – March 2023 April 12, 2023
- Newsletter December 2022 – January 2023 February 6, 2023
- Newsletter October-November December 19, 2022
- Potential for the expansion of geothermal energy in Bavaria: Expert opinion on the Geothermal Energy Master Plan is published November 2, 2022